Aavishkaar is inviting applications for an year-long fellowship program (with another year of continued engagement) for motivated young scholars who aim to create a change in science and math education. We are looking for fellows to join a bunch of passion-driven, fun-loving individuals constantly questioning the theories, laws and fundamentals behind mathematical and scientific concepts!
Deadline for applying is April 10, 2019.
Click Here to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/
Join us to explore and teach science through hands-on experiential ways. Join us to make math a visual process. Join us to create interest, excitement and joy in learning by enriching classroom practices among middle school students and teachers while understanding the context of Government School Systems in the Kangra Valley. Join us to understand the complexity of our education system and the deep disparity that exists in it through our partner organization Nari Gunjan!
Along with your love for Math and Science, we would need you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Science/Math or associated fields.
A learning mindset.
- Love for children and a passion for improving the education system for all.
- Entrepreneurial outlook and problem solving/ ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to travel long distances.
- Love for the mountains and belief that cold weather builds character! .
As an Aavishkaar fellow, you will –
- Be trained by the founders to create and implement content that is relevant, fun and easily understood.
- Confront and resolve classroom challenges, support and motivate various stakeholders to reach a shared goal of bringing life to classrooms.
- Design and implement a small-scale project as an innovative and sustainable solution to problems encountered in STEM teaching at schools.
- Take STEM education to the girls of Musahar dalit community in Bihar to support Nari Gunjan’s mission of providing them education, literacy, vocational training and life skills.
- Explore, build and tinker with resources available on campus to develop improved methodologies.
Selection process –
Online Application Form: The online form is for us to know you better. We shall start with the further steps as soon as we receive your application. deadline for applying is April 10, 2019.
Click Here for apply: https://goo.gl/forms/
About Nari Gunjan:
Nari Gunjan is based in Danapur, Bihar and works to empower the Dalit communities by empowering their girls through education. The organization is spread in almost 200 Dalit villages/tolas around Patna and Gaya. There are about 2.2 million Musahar Dalits in Bihar with a literacy rate of dismal 1%. Nari Gunjan is working with young students of the community to create leaders of tomorrow. Aavishkaar and Nari Gunjan partnership has been going strong since inception to create strong leaders in the community.
Stipend: Rs. 10,000 per month
Duration: The fellowship includes deep on-site engagement (paid) for 12 months beginning in April 2019. For the next year, training will be provided by Aavishkaar to the fellows to support their initiative/work (unpaid).